The Villa - Spring Accommodation OfferSpring Accommodation Offer - be surrounded by the Merribee gardens and learn about the history of roses in an exclusive, immersive experience!
Cost:$695.00 – $1,175.00 for 2 - 4 guests
One-night stay in 'The Villa' - $695 for 2 guests, add additional guests for $240 pp. (up to 4 guests total) - includes the following:
- Afternoon tea and bubbles amongst the roses on arrival
- One-night stay in our recently refurbished 'The Villa' - sleeps 2-4 guests in an open studio space (one queen bed and two singles). Please be aware that this is an open space, there are no doors between the rooms, so we recommend this accommodation for guests who are comfortable sharing with each other.
- Masterclass on the History of Roses & Tour of the Merribee Heritage Rose Garden with resident rose expert and owner of Merribee, Lucy Marshall
- A large bouquet of freshly cut David Austin Roses to take home with you!
Tues 18, Sun 23, Mon 24, Tues 25, Wed 26, Sun 30, Mon 31
Tues 1, Wed 2, Thurs 3, Tues 8, Tues 15, Wed 16
When you stay in The Villa during The Rose Festival you'll have the gardens to yourself to wander around as the sun sets, it's a magical experience! On arrival, you'll be treated to an afternoon tea of Old Fashioned Scones served with Merribee’s Rose Petal Jam and cream, and a glass of bubbles.
Dine at a restaurant in town or bring a picnic for dinner, retire to your garden-surrounded accommodation, and soak up the serenity.
The following morning, join Lucy Marshall, Owner of Merribee (and resident rose expert) who will teach you about the History of Roses from Ancient Times through to now. You’ll tour the Heritage Rose Garden with its 100 roses - some of whose history has been traced back 4,500 years of cultivation! See and smell ancient and medieval roses, including Damasks, Gallicas, Centifolias, and Albas; learn about the 4 Chinensis roses which entered Europe from 1750 and were bred with the ancient western roses to form the new classes of roses, including bourbons, portlands, teas, and more. Plus, see the first yellow rose that came to the West in 1589!
Lucy brings this fascinating topic to life with anecdotes and uses Art through the ages which depict these roses, as a reference. You'll be sure to leave Merribee filled with a reclaimed sense of peace, further knowledge of roses, plus a large bunch of freshly cut David Austins!
We can't wait to welcome you to Merribee for this unique experience!
The finer details:
- 2pm: Arrival at Merribee, followed by Afternoon Tea in the Gardens
- 3pm: Check in to The Villa (click here for more info about The Villa)
- 10am: Check out of The Villa
- 10:15am: Masterclass on the History of Roses & Tour of the Heritage Rose Garden